Glitz 2019 Performer Application
This year your brief for Glitz is 'Puttin' on the Glitz'... A glamorous glimpse of days gone by...
A social, amateur competition and show presented by ShowPony Pole & Burlesque Amateur. We encourage all levels of Pole, Burlesque, Floor Dance, Chair Dance and Doubles/Troupes to bring a creative, engaging SHOW to the stage.
Guest performances, prizes, vendor stalls and more to be announced.
****EVENT DATE: Saturday 24 August 2019, 6pm
(Please double check all dates below due to date change to 24th August)
VENUE: Pittwater RSL - 82 Mona Vale Rd, Mona Vale NSW 2103.
Entries Open - Fri 3rd May 2019
Entries Close - Tues 11th June 2019 11:59pm sharp!
Lineup Announced - Thurs 13th June 2019
For your submission to be successful you must have the following completed:
- A fully completed application form with all information
- Song choice
- Application fee (screenshot of payment sent as an attachment)
- Video entry. Video entries must be an unlisted youtube link. It does NOT need to be the piece you are submitting, however must be the STYLE you are submitting i.e submit a burlesque video if you are applying for a burlesque show etc. It needs to showcase your showmanship and engagement.
A panel of judges will review all completed applications and inform successful candidates by nominated date below.
Entries open: Fri 3rd May 2019
Entries close: Tues 11th June 2019 11:59pm sharp!
Performers announced: Thurs 13th June 2019
Waivers & song files due: Mon 5th August 2019
Entry fee of $25, Please DD the below account and take a screenshot for confirmation.
Please DD entry fee to:
Acc - ShowPony Pole
Bsb - 062197
Acc no - 1082 4000
Must be between 3 - 3.5 mins.
* Pole - Only one pole
* Burlesque - Must make use of a prop (cane/ chair/ boa/ fan/ other prop etc)
* Any props must be submitted for approval before the event
Judging Criteria - Total /50
15 POINTS - Showmanship - Stage presence, engagement with audience, X factor, costume
15 POINTS - Execution - Precision of movement, transitions, clean and concise performance of moves (EITHER POLE WORK IE TRICKS AND COMBOS OR BURLESQUE DANCE IE PROP WORK, FOOTWORK, ELEMENTS OF STRIP)
10 POINTS - Originality - Development of theme/ concept, originality of piece, inclusion of props/ music etc to further show
10 POINTS - Dance - Fluidity, lines, extensions, dynamic movement and flow, use of space
Guest judges to be announced!
SPPB TEAM Xx