PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
Confidentiality and Security of Information Under the Privacy Act (1988) client information will be kept confidential and secure. Records are kept for seven years. For services with children and young people under 18 years of age, records are kept until that person reaches 25 years of age. Client information held in the electronic systems of Early Start Australia are secured with a password, allowing only the professionals and administrators involved with you or your child’s care to access these. All paper documentation provided to Early Start Australia will be held in a locked filing cabinet. There are strict guidelines as to who can access this information. If information about you or your family is requested from a professional outside of the service, your verbal or written consent will need to be given before this is passed on. If verbal consent is given, this is noted in the records. Medicare Clients using referrals to claim eligible sessions under Medicare should note that Medicare requires that the health professional complete required reporting back to the referring doctor. Limited Confidentiality Beside from consented release of information discussed above, health services are kept confidential. However, there are limits to confidentiality and if the practitioner becomes aware of any information indicating that any person may be at risk of harm, there is an ethical and for some professionals a legal responsibility to disclose that information and take action to mediate that risk of harm. Accessing Your Child’s Information and How to Gain Further Information You have the right to access information that you have provided to the service. If requested, we will provide you with a summary of assessments and therapy completed at the stated fees.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
At Early Start Australia we work hard to prepare for each appointment for your child and limit the number of clients we see each day to ensure we are providing a quality service to you and your family. To provide our service effectively we request that you inform us of cancellations as early as possible.
As a courtesy to our customers, text message reminders are sent on the day prior to your appointment. Please contact our office on 8932 8852 to make any changes to your appointment.
Any change to an appointment time must be made more than 24 hours before your scheduled appointment time, or a fee may apply (see below).
Late attendance to appointments will incur the full session fee, with only the remaining allocated time being completed. This includes school visits where school events prevent your child from attending their appointment.
When you are not able to attend an appointment, we will work with you to:
· Reschedule your appointment within one week;
· Deliver your appointment flexibly (e.g., via video conference or phone consult);
· Review your child’s program, complete resources or home programs or reports according to your child’s needs and goals, or;
· Provide supports including training and support to your child’s carers and educators in accordance with your child’s needs and goals.
· Where any of these options are utilised, the cancellation fee will be waived although please note this will not always be possible.
CANCELLATIONS AND NON-ATTENDANCE POLICY
· Any cancellations of appointments must be made at least 24 hours prior to scheduled appointment time.
· Appointments cancelled within 24 hours of the appointment time will incur a $40 cancellation fee.
· Appointments cancelled within 6 hours of the scheduled time will be billed at half the session fee.
· Appointments not attended, or cancelled within 1 hour of the appointment time will be billed at the full session fee.
If your child has become suddenly unwell, a Doctor’s certificate will allow us to waive the cancellation fee.
This policy applies to school visits where the student is not at school or not available due to school events. It is the responsibility of the parent to notify Early Start Australia of any school business which may affect the scheduled appointment (eg: swimming lessons, excursions)
CONSENT TO GATHER AND SHARE
Who Information will be Collected From When you use our service we ask for details about you and/or your family so that we may identify the best way to assist. This information is collected so that we can:
1. Establish what support you or your family will requireprovide you and/or your family with appropriate services2. administer, manage and monitor the services we provide andcontact a person on your behalf in case of an emergency.
We may need to seek additional information to support and assist. This information may be collected from medical practitioners, health professionals, and education staff. If you choose not to provide Early Start Australia with part or all of the information required, we may not be able to provide all of the services required to support and assist.