1. Maximum length for EJ Brady "Mallacoota Prize" short story entries is 2500 words.
"Gabo Prize" very short story entries must not exceed 700 words.
"Betka Prize" humorous story entries must not exceed 1000 words.
The judges reserve the right to reject work exceeding the word limit.
2. All entries must be works of fiction. There is no set theme and stories may be written in any genre in adult or young adult literature, please make sure that entries in the "Betka Prize" are humorous
3. There is no geographical restriction on entry. The EJ Brady Short Story Competition is an international competition open to everyone.
4. All entries should be in English.
5. The entrant's name and address must appear on the entry form but not on any of the pages of the manuscript(s).
6. Entries can be made online or by post. To enter online, please complete and submit the online entry form at http://www.mallacootaartscouncil.com.au To enter by post, please complete the entry by post form (available for downloading from http://www.mallacootaartscouncil.com.au and return it to: EJ Brady Short Story Competition PO Box 201 Mallacoota Victoria Australia 3892.
7. Postal entries must be submitted typed and double-spaced on A4 white paper in a .12 font.
8. Entry fees are $12 AUD for each EJ Brady "Mallacoota Prize" short story, $10 AUD for each "Betka Prize" humorous short story and $8 AUD for each EJ Brady "Gabo Prize" very short story. Full payment MUST be submitted with your entry form by direct deposit to the MAC account or the MAC PayPal account. Postal entries may be paid by cheque or postal money order payable to Mallacoota Arts Council and are subject to a $2 AUD processing fee.
9. The closing date for entries is Thursday 28th Febuary 2019.
10. All entries must be original and previously unpublished works.
11. Any works submitted must not have won prizes, contracts or cash in any other competition.
12. First prize for the EJ Brady "Mallacoota Prize" Major Short Story category is $2000 AUD with a runner-up prize of $300 AUD. The judges may award a $100 AUD encouragement award to a worthy story from a previously unpublished entrant.
13. First prize for the EJ Brady "Gabo Prize" Very Short Story category is $500 AUD.
14. First Prize for the EJ Brady "Betka Prize" Humorous Short Story is $1000 AUD.
15. Copyright will remain with the author but the Mallacoota Arts Council reserves the right to reproduce the prize-winning stories, and runners-up, at any point in the future, in hard copy, performance readings, adaptations and electronic media, with author acknowledgment.
16. Manuscripts will not be returned.
17. The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.