TERMS & CONDITIONS
• Each entry will incur a fee of $50. There is a limit of two entries per artist. Each entry must be submitted on a separate entry form.
• The entry fee can be paid online through the online entry form.
• Any work for which the fee has not been received will be ineligible for exhibition and any of the prizes. All entry fees are non-refundable.
CONDITIONS FOR ENTRY
• The following persons, and their immediate families, are ineligible to enter the Blake Prize:
- Competition judges;
- Current Liverpool City Councillors and current Council employees; and
- Directors and Board Members of sponsor organisations.
• Artist are limited to the entry of two artworks. Each artwork must be submitted as an individual entry.
• Entry fee payment must be made through SABO payment system. Any entries without payment are deemed ineligible.
• Entries must demonstrate recognisable engagement with broad themes of spirituality, religion, and/or belief.
• Entries must demonstrate high degrees of artistic and conceptual proficiency.
• Entries must be completed and submitted by 31 May 2020. Late or incomplete entries will not be accepted.
• Artists must submit a current CV.
• Artists must submit a 200 word (maximum) artwork statement. CPAC staff may contact you if corrections or revisions are required.
• Artists must submit 2 hi-res images (min. 2MB) in JPEG format for 2D and 3D works. The files should be named in the format: Artist Name_Artwork Title_Year.jpeg
• Please submit one portrait orientation image and one landscape orientation image for compatibility across our marketing platforms.
• Images must be of the completed works.
• Video works should be submitted in full.
• Additional media will not be accepted/viewed. Photos/photocopies/other reproductions of entered works will not be accepted.
• The artist warrants that the submitted work is original and does not infringe on copyright/moral rights/other rights.
• CPAC reserves the right to request a Statutory Declaration from any artist regarding the works originality, its production within the specified timeframe and/or that all components relating to the work have full copyright clearance.
• Entering work/s into The Blake Prize does not transfer from the artist the ownership of, or copyright in, any of the work they produce. However, the artist agrees that the work may be photographed or reproduced in whole or in part for CPAC records or critical review, publicity archives and/reports, condition reports and other purposes. CPAC does not condone and/or endorse the photography of the artist’s work including the reproduction, modification, distribution, uploading without the written consent of the artist. CPAC will not be held responsible for any deliberate infringement to copyright.
• Any questions or uncertainties from a submitting artist will be directed to CPAC and any decision will be final.
ARTWORK SPECIFICATIONS (included as conditions of entry)
• Entries must have been created within the last 2 years of the date set for entry (May 2018 or later).
• Artists are responsible for transport, delivery and collection of their work if selected as a finalist.
•Artworks exceeding 200cm (h) x 200cm (w) x 200cm (d) may require dismantling for storage, transportation and access purposes. Works that exceed 200cm (h) x 200cm (w) x 200cm (d) and cannot be dismantled will not be accepted. Ensure measurements include the frame and/or mounting board. CPAC reserves the right to reject works that do not comply with these conditions and artwork specifications without refund of entry fee.
• Hung works must have “D” rings or suitable hanging brackets attached to the frame.
• All unframed works must be accompanied by a magnet or linen tape for display.
• Wet or unfinished works will not be accepted. Artwork should be complete at time of entry.
• Video and media works must be submitted as a single MP4 H264 data file without separate audio/ video folders.
• Video and media works may be compiled and exhibited with other works on either projection or screen (to be determined by CPAC).
• If selected, and if required, artists may need to provide their own equipment (i.e. projectors/screens) in order to realise the appropriate presentation of their work. This will be done in consultation with CPAC staff. All electronic equipment must be supplied to CPAC for tagging and testing. Any electronic goods deemed dangerous will not be used.
• Finalists must supply complete installation instructions where applicable.
• Where the work could be considered a health hazard, or other physical risk to any members of CPAC staff or the public, or be in breach of WH&S and/or WorkCover guidelines, CPAC reserves the right to withdraw the work from selection.
• All exhibited artworks will be displayed at the discretion of CPAC staff.
THE BLAKE PRIZE
• All entries that meet the conditions of entry are eligible for consideration for The Blake Prize.
• One winner will be chosen.
THE BLAKE EMERGING ARTIST PRIZE
• There is no additional fee to enter The Blake Emerging Artist Prize. This prize is open to artists who are within the first 5 years of their practice.
• To be considered for The Blake Emerging Artist prize you must have indicated that you are eligible and selected be considered on the entry form.
• All entries in the Emerging Artist category agree that their work can be acquired into Liverpool City Council's Collection.
• One winner will be chosen from the selected finalists.
• Applicants for this award must meet the conditions of entry AND be emerging artists AND Australian citizens or have permanent resident status in Australia.
THE BLAKE ESTABLISHED ARTIST RESIDENCY
• There is no additional fee to enter The Blake Established Artist Residency.
• To be considered for The Blake Established Artist Residency and Exhibition you must have indicated that you are eligible and selected be considered on the entry form.
The winner must be available to take up the residency and exhibition with 2 years of the prize announcement and pending availability at CPAC.
• One winner will be chosen from the selected finalists.
• Applicants for this award must meet the conditions of entry AND be established artists.
• Has practiced as a professional artist for more than 5 years.
SELECTION & NOTIFICATION PROCESS
• Artwork entries will be considered individually. All eligible entries will be considered.
• The selection of finalists is made by Casula Powerhouse Art Centre Staff with experience relevant to the prize Selection is undertaken by viewing digital images/files and statements provided by the artists about the works.
• CPAC reserves the right to bring in independent judges during the process of selecting finalists.
• The CPAC selection panel will be guided by the conditions of entering The Blake Prize. They will be required to adhere to the same guidelines and code of conduct afforded to the external Judges.
• The panel selection of finalists is based solely on the information provided in this application, including images and required attachments only.
• The prize winners will be selected from the finalists by a panel of three judges external to Casula Powerhouse Arts Centre and Liverpool Council staff. The judges will refer to both the works installed in the exhibition (in situ) and the information and images provided in the entry form.
• All works selected by the CPAC preselection panel will be included in The 66th Blake Prize Exhibition. CPAC retains the right to exclude any works:
· not delivered within the specified delivery period,
· that are not as described in entry or differ from images provided with entry
· pose a Work, Health or Safety risk to visitors or staff during exhibition.
• Artworks will not be advertised for sale.
• Any interest in artwork sales will be relayed to the artist.
RECEIVING & COLLECTION OF WORKS
• After notification, preselected finalists will be provided with instructions for delivery and collection of work.
• All works will be available for collection after the exhibition (dates to be confirmed). Exact date and time to be set in consultation with the Casula Powerhouse Registration team.
• Delivery and collection of works are the responsibility of individual artists.
• Delivery/collection address: Casula Powerhouse Arts Centre, 1 Powerhouse Rd, Casula NSW 2170
• Uncollected works will incur a $15 per week storage cost, unless other agreements are negotiated with CPAC’s Registrar.
• CPAC will ensure the artwork(s) are insured in the interests of all parties against loss or damage from the time the artworks are received at CPAC until the time the artwork(s) are collected. CPAC will not be held liable for any loss or damage that occurs whilst the works are in transit. An insurance value must be declared for each entered artwork on the entry form. Works without an insurance value will not be accepted. A nominated insurance value is based on fair replacement cost. CPAC strongly recommends a recent Condition Report is completed by the artist prior to transit. Recommended Condition Report templates are available on request. Unless otherwise stated, CPAC Registration staff will ensure best practice in the care and maintenance of works.
Artists entering works in the 66th Blake Prize must agree to the terms and conditions as a condition of entry.