Conditions of Entry and judging for the Clarence Open Art Exhibition 2020:
Entry forms (including entry fees) to be submitted by 5pm, Friday 6th March 2020.
Phone Enquiries - Sarah Bishop or Caitlin Fargher (03) 6217 9607
Wed - Sun 11am - 5pm or email email@example.com
1. All entries must be the original work of the exhibitor, completed no earlier than two (2) years prior to the first day of the exhibition.
2. Exhibitors must be living and working permanently or temporarily in Tasmania.
3. Each exhibitor may enter a maximum of two (2) works.
4. All work must be framed, with screw eyes ready to hang or mounted if applicable. Artworks with alternate forms of display must be accompanied by detailed hanging instructions. Clarence City Council reserves the right to determine the most appropriate method for displaying works to ensure public safety, and to refuse to display any works deemed inappropriate or unsafe.
5. Artwork shall not exceed 100cm in width or height, or be more than 20cm in depth. Artworks exceeding this size will not be accepted.
6. Exhibitors must pay the entry fee - $10.00 per artwork - and artwork and artist details must be attached at the top left hand corner of the back of the work.
7. Clarence City Council reserves the right to accept or refuse any entry, or delivery of a work at its discretion. No correspondence will be entered into.
8. Entry fees are not refundable.
9. Works exhibited may or may not be for sale.
10. In the event that an art work is for sale, the exhibitor requests Clarence City Council to sell the entry for the purchase price referred to in the entry form and to deduct from the said purchase price a commission of twenty-two percent.
11. The decision of the judges will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. The conduct and management of matters relating to or arising out of the exhibition shall be at the discretion of Clarence City Council by its authorised servants, agents or contractors.
12. The Council will provide insurance cover against loss of or damage to the Artworks during installation, de-installation and for the duration of the exhibition.The Artist is responsible for insuring the Artwork during transit to and from the Rosny Farm.
13. Artwork not collected and removed from the Schoolhouse Gallery by the Artist within 30 days of the completion of the exhibition of the Artwork, or as otherwise required by the Gallery Co-ordinator, may at the discretion of the Council, be sold and the financial proceeds of that sale may be retained by the Council for its own purposes.
14. The exhibitor grants Clarence City Council the licence to reproduce the entry by photographs or film for newspapers, magazines, web-based media or television.
Entries will not be accepted unless entry forms are received on the due date.
Delivery instructions -
All artworks will be delivered to the Schoolhouse Gallery, Rosny Farm (access from Rosny Golf Club car park) on Friday 13th, Saturday 14th or Sunday 15th March between the hours of 11.00am and 5.00pm.
Collection instructions -
Items may be collected from the Schoolhouse Gallery on Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th April between the hours of 11.00am and 5.00pm. No responsibility is taken for work not collected at the time stated above.
For collection by special arrangement contact Sarah Bishop 6217 9607 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Note -
Entries must be delivered free of all charges. No payments whatsoever will be made by the Clarence City Council for freight or other charges incurred in the delivery or return of the entry. Arrangements must be made by the exhibitor.