HOST ORGANISATION INFORMATION
What is the NZ Music Commission Industry Internship Programme?
The New Zealand Music Commission Industry Internship Programme is one of the development initiatives for the Music Commission in 2020. This is a third year of the Programme after a successful pilot Programme in 2018 and the second year of the Programme in 2019.
The Internship Programme will partner up to twelve Interns with New Zealand music organisations (Hosts) to develop the skills, networks, experience and connections for the Intern. Host music organisations benefit from fresh thinking, additional resource and low risk development of potential employees.
Emerging music professionals or recent tertiary graduates nationwide who are eager to gain experience in the music industry and kick-start their careers in the sector are encouraged to apply.
Host Organisation Requirements
Organisations wishing to host an Intern as part of the programme must meet the following criteria:
· Be a New Zealand based music business.
· Be willing to contribute $800 + GST to the cost of the internship (unless registered as a not-for-profit or charity organisation) for a full time Intern (pro rata for part time placement).
· Be able to provide an Intern with the tools and an environment they need to complete their work or note in the application anything that the Intern would need to provide themselves i.e. personal laptop.
· Provide a job description for the Intern that outlines the capabilities sought for the role and the key tasks and expected outcomes for the duration of the internship. The Intern needs to be involved in a specific ongoing project as well as given the opportunity to understand the wider scope of the business.
· Have the capacity to host an Intern for the duration of the internship beginning from the end of February/early March and ending no later that the end of June 2020.
· Be able to host an Intern under one of the following models:
a) 16 weeks for 16 hours per week or
b) 16 weeks for 24 hours per week or
c) 10 weeks for 40 hours per week.
Some flexibility may be possible to accommodate other weekly schedules.
· Elect a point of contact for the Intern within the organisation who can be on hand to assist the Intern, and be responsible for reporting requirements on behalf of the organisation. Reporting requirements will cover performance feedback, outcome feedback and process feedback.
To be considered as a Host Organisation please fill out the application form on page 4. Applications are open from the 4 November 2019 and close on the 25 November 2019.
Please note – current employees, staff or contractors are not eligible to participate in the Internship Programme.