The following form provides Zest Institute with details of your employment history to determine your eligibility for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Please fill in the form with as much detail as possible prior to meeting your trainer.
The qualification you apply for should depend on your level of previous experience, any previous qualifications you've completed and whether you've held any management positions in the past.
Please use this rough guide to assist in your decision:
RPL recognises that you may have gained valuable skills and knowledge in paid and unpaid working roles. For example, you might have worked in a hospitality industry set up, food joints, catering operations etc. In completing the following section, think about working roles relevant to your application.
RPL also recognises that you may have gained valuable skills and knowledge in experiences such as informal training, hobbies, volunteer work or clubs. For example, in informal roles, you might have used people and communications skills; risk assessment and OH&S skills; conflict resolution skills, customer service skills; performed first aid; if you have relevant (non-job) experiences, please list them below.
For each of the core units below, please indicate your confidence level at performing the types of tasks within that unit.
BSBWOR203 - Work Effectively with Others:
1. Develop effective workplace relationships.2. Contribute to workgroup activities.3. Deal effectively with issues, problems and conflict.
SITHIND002 - Source & Use Information on Hospitality Industry:
1. Source & use industry information. 2. Source & use compliance information. 3. Source & use information on hospitality technology. 4. Update personal & organisational knowledge of the hospitality industry.
BSBDIV501 - Manage Diversity in the Workplace:
1. Implement diversity policy.2. Foster respect for diversity in the work team.3. Promote the benefits of diversity.
SITHIND004 - Work Effectively in Hospitality Service:
1. Prepare for service.2. Provide service.3. Complete operational tasks.4. Complete end of shift duties.
SITXCCS006 - Provide Service to Customers:
1. Communicate with internal and external customers. 2. Follow defined organisational standards when delivering service. 3. Provide service to customers. 4. Respond to customer complaints.5. Provide internal feedback on customer service practices.
SITXCOM002 - Show Social & Cultural Sensitivity:
1. Communicate with customers and colleagues from diverse backgrounds. 2. Address cross-cultural misunderstandings.
SITXCCS007 - Enhance Customer Service Experiences:
1. Provide a quality service experience. 2. Proactively respond to difficult service situations. 3. Resolve customer complaints. 4. Develop customer relationships.
SITXCCS008 - Develop & Manage Quality Customer Service Practices:
1. Develop quality customer service practices. 2. Manage delivery of quality service. 3. Monitor and adjust customer service.
SITXCOM005 - Manage Conflict:
1. Identify conflict situations. 2. Resolve conflict. 3. Evaluate conflict resolution.
SITXFIN003 - Manage Finances within a Budget:
1. Allocate budget resources. 2. Monitor financial activities against budget. 3. Identify & evaluate options for improved budget performance. 4. Complete financial & statistical reports.
SITXFIN004 - Prepare & Monitor Budgets:
1. Prepare budget information. 2. Prepare budget.3. Finalise budget. 4. Monitor and review budget.
SITXHRM001 - Coach Others in Job Skills:
1. Prepare for on-the-job coaching. 2. Coach colleagues on-the-job. 3. Follow-up coaching.
SITXWHS001 - Participate in Safe Work Practices:
1. Work safely. 2. Follow procedures for emergency situations. 3. Participate in organisational WHS practices.
SITXHRM002 - Roster Staff:
1. Develop staff rosters. 2. Present and communicate rosters. 3. Maintain rostering records. 4. Evaluate rosters.
SITXHRM003 - Lead & Manage People:
1. Model high standards of performance & behaviour. 2. Develop team commitment & cooperation. 3. Manage team performance.
SITXGLC001 - Research & Comply with Regulatory Requirements:
1. Research information required for legal compliance. 2. Develop and communicate policies and procedures for legal compliance.3. Ensure compliance with legal requirements. 4. Maintain personal and organisational knowledge of regulatory requirements.
BSBMGT517 - Manage Operational Plan:
1. Develop operational plan. 2. Plan and manage resource acquisition. 3. Monitor and review operational performance.
SITXMGT001 - Monitor Work Operations:
1. Monitor & improve workplace operations. 2. Plan & organise workflow. 3. Monitor & support team members. 4. Solve problems & make decisions.
SITXMGT002 - Establish & Conduct Business Relationships:
1. Build business relationships. 2. Conduct negotiations. 3. Make formal business agreements.4. Foster and maintain business relationships.
SITXWHS003 - Implement & Monitor Work Health & Safety Practices:
1. Provide information on health, safety & security. 2. Monitor safe work practices. 3. coordinate consultative arrangements for the management of health, safety & security issues. 4. Implement & monitor procedures for identifying hazards and controlling risks. 5. Implement & monitor health, safety & security training. 6. Maintain WHS records & reports.
SITXFSA001 - Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety:
1. Follow hygiene procedures & identify food hazards. 2. Report any personal health issues. 3. Prevent food contamination. 4. Prevent cross-contamination by washing hands.
SITXFSA002 - Participate in Safe Food Handling Practices:
1. Follow food safety program. 2. Store food safely. 3. Prepare food safely. 4. Provide safe single use items. 5. Maintain a clean environment. 6. Dispose of food safely.
SITHIND001 - Use Hygienic Practices for Hospitality Service:
1. Maintain personal hygiene. 2. Prevent health hazards in the workplace.
BSBADM502 - Manage Meetings:
1. Prepare for meetings. 2. Conduct meetings. 3. Follow up meetings.
BSBCMM201 - Communicate in the Workplace:
1. Gather, convey and receive information and ideas. 2. Complete workplace documentation and correspondence. 3. Communicate in a way that responds positively to individual differences.
1. Implement diversity policy. 2. Foster respect for diversity in the work team. 3. Promote the benefits of diversity.
BSBITU306 - Design & Produce Business Documents:
1. Select and prepare resources. 2. Design document. 3. Produce document.4. Finalise document.
BSBSUS201 - Participate in Environmentally Sustainable Work Practices:
1. Identify current resource use. 2. Comply with environmental regulations. 3. Seek opportunities to improve resource efficiency.
BSBSUS401 - Implement and Monitor Environmentally Sustainable Work Practice:
1. Investigate current practices in relation to resource usage. 2. Set targets for improvements. 3. Implement performance improvement strategies. 4. Monitor performance.
CPPCLO2001A - Maintain Hard Floor Surfaces:
1. Assess area to be cleaned. 2. Select equipment and chemicals. 3. Prepare work site.4. Clean work site.5. Tidy work site.6. Clean and safety check equipment and store equipment and chemicals.
CPPCLO2004A - Maintain Carpeted Floors:
1. Assess area to be cleaned. 2. Select equipment and chemicals. 3. Prepare work site.4. Clean work site.5. Tidy work site.6. Clean and safety check equipment, and store equipment and chemicals.
CPPCLO2009A - Clean Glass Surfaces:
1. Assess area to be cleaned. 2. Select equipment and chemicals. 3. Prepare work site. 4. Clean work site. 5. Tidy work site. 6. Clean and safety check equipment, and store equipment and chemicals.
CPPCLO2017A - Clean Wet Areas:
1. Assess area to be cleaned. 2. Select equipment and chemicals. 3. Prepare work site. 4. Clean work site.5. Replenish consumables and tidy work site.6. Clean and safety check equipment, and store equipment and chemicals.
CPPCLO2019A - Sort & Remove Waste & Recyclable Materials:
1. Assess waste to be removed. 2. Select equipment and chemicals. 3. Transfer waste to waste carrier. 4. Deliver waste to disposal unit. 5. Sort and deliver recyclable materials. 6. Clean and safety check equipment, and store equipment and chemicals.
SITHCCC002 - Prepare & Present Simple Dishes:
1. Prepare for service. 2. Prepare food.3. Present and store food in clean work area.
SITHCCC003 - Prepare & Present Sandwiches:
1. Select ingredients.2. Make sandwiches.3. Present and store sandwiches.
SITHCCC004 - Package Prepared Foodstuffs:
1. Select food and packaging materials.2. Package and label foods.3. Complete work process.
SITHCCC005 - Prepare Dishes Using Basic Methods of Cookery:
1. Select ingredients.2. Select, prepare and use equipment.3. Portion and prepare ingredients.4. Cook dishes.5. Present and store dishes.
SITHCCC006 - Prepare Appetisers & Salads:
1. Select ingredients.2. Select, prepare and use equipment.3. Portion and prepare ingredients.4. Prepare appetisers and salads.5. Present and store appetisers and salads.
SITHFAB001 - Clean & Tidy Bar Areas:
1. Clean bar and equipment.2. Clean and maintain public areas.3. Work safely and reduce negative environmental impacts.
SITHFAB003 - Operate a Bar:
1. Prepare for service.2. Take drink orders.3. Prepare and serve drinks.4. Close down bar operations.5. Work safely and reduce negative environmental impacts.
SITHFAB004 - Prepare & Serve Non-Alcoholic Beverages:
1. Select ingredients.2. Select, prepare and use equipment.3. Prepare non-alcoholic beverages.4. Serve non-alcoholic beverages.
SITHFAB005 - Prepare & Serve Espresso Coffee:
1. Organise coffee workstation.2. Select and grind coffee beans.3. Advise customers and take espresso coffee orders.4. Extract and monitor quality of espresso.5. Undertake milk texturing process.6. Serve espresso coffee beverages.7. Clean espresso equipment.
SITHFAB007 - Serve Food & Beverage:
1. Prepare for food and beverage service.2. Welcome and advise customers.3. Take and process orders.4. Serve food and drinks.5. Clear food and drinks.6. Complete end of shift duties.
SITHFAB014 - Provide Table Service of Food & Beverage:
1. Prepare restaurant for service.2. Provide food and beverage advice to customers.3. Serve and clear meals.4. Serve and clear alcoholic beverages.5. Work cooperatively as part of the service team.
SITHFAB016 - Provide Advice on Food:
1. Research information on food.2. Advise customers on menu items.3. Contribute to menu development.4. Extend and update own food knowledge.
SITHFAB019 - Plan & Monitor Espresso Coffee Service:
1. Plan coffee beverage service.2. Provide specialist advice on espresso coffee beverages.3. Monitor quality of coffee beverages.4. Monitor and maintain equipment.
SITHIND002 - Source & Use Information on the Hospitality Industry:
1. Source and use industry information.2. Source and use compliance information.3. Source and use information on hospitality technology.4. Update personal and organisational knowledge of the hospitality industry.
1. Communicate with customers and colleagues from diverse backgrounds.2. Address cross-cultural misunderstandings.
SITXEBS001 - Use Social Media in Business:
1. Prepare to use social media.2. Prepare content for use on social media.3. Use social media to enhance customer engagement.4. Market and promote a business.
SITXEBS002 - Develop, implement & Monitor the Use of Social Media in Business:
1. Determine social media requirements.2. Develop policies and procedures.3. Develop a social media plan.4. Implement social media plan.5. Evaluate social media effectiveness.
SITXFIN001 - Process Financial Transactions:
1. Process customer payments.2. Reconcile takings.
SITXFIN002 - Interpret Financial Information:
1. Access and interpret financial information.2. Use and provide financial information.
1. Follow food safety program.2. Store food safely.3. Prepare food safely.4. Provide safe single use items.5. Maintain a clean environment.6. Dispose of food safely.
SITXFSA003 - Transport & Store Food:
1. Transport food safely and hygienically.2. Store food safely and hygienically.
SITXHRM002 - Roster Staff:
1. Develop staff rosters.2. Present and communicate rosters.3. Maintain rostering records.4. Evaluate rosters.
SITXHRM004 - Recruit, Select and Induct Staff:
1. Identify recruitment needs.2. Administer recruitment.3. Select staff.4. Plan and organise induction programs.
SITXHRM006 - Monitor Staff Performance:
1. Monitor staff performance and provide feedback.2. Recognise and resolve performance problems.3. Implement performance management systems.
SITXINV001 - Receive & Store Stock:
1. Take delivery of stock.2. Store stock.3. Rotate and maintain stock.
SITXINV002 - Maintain the Quality of Perishable Items:
1. Store supplies in appropriate conditions.2. Maintain perishable supplies at optimum quality.3. Check perishable supplies and dispose of spoilt stock.
SITXINV003 - Purchase Goods:
1. Determine purchasing requirements.2. Source suppliers and discuss requirements.3. Assess quality of goods and make purchase.
SITXINV004 - Control Stock:
1. Maintain stock levels and records.2. Process stock orders.3. Minimise stock losses.4. Follow-up orders.5. Organise & administer stocktakes.
SITXWHS002 - Work Effectively in Hospitality Service:
1. Identify hazards.2. Assess the safety risk associated with a hazard.3. Eliminate or control the risk.
Please give the details of two referees who can verify your skills for your RPL application.
A crucial component of your RPL application is the evidence that you can supply to verify your skills. If you can attach as much evidence as possible to this form, it will significantly reduce the amount of time you have to spend with your trainer/assessor.
Click on the Browse Files button to upload your files. Please note that you can add multiple files on each button.
I declare that the information I have provided herein is true and correct. I understand that my application will be assessed by a qualified RPL Trainer/Assessor and that I will be contacted regarding the outcome of my application. Thereafter, I understand that I will be advised regarding the RPL process and the documents needed for submission to enable proper evaluation and/or assessment.