Thank you for your interest in CO.STARTERS at IncubatorWorks! Whether you've launched, or you’re simply exploring a new idea for a business or cause, we’re glad you’re here! To get started, we need a little information about you and your idea so that we can get you going in the right direction. The information you share with us will remain confidential and will only be seen or used by CO.STARTERS and IncubatorWorks.
Please share your contact information. This will be used to follow-up with you regarding your application.
Tell us About Your Venture
During the program, participants actively work to further a specific business or cause concept. We refer to these businesses or causes as ventures. Here, please tell us about your venture.
1. Which of the following best describes the type of venture you anticipate working on in the CO.STARTERS program?
Business: a venture that exists to provide a product or service that people are willing to buy
Cause: a venture that exists to provide sustainable, impactful solutions to social, cultural, or environmental problems
2. Which of the following best describes your venture?
Project: a venture that may only happen once or is expected to operate for a limited amount of time
Ongoing: a venture that is likely to operate on an ongoing basis
3. What is the name of your idea or existing venture? OR Are you still working on a name for your venture?
4. Please briefly describe your venture:
5. Which of the following best describes the stage of your venture?
Concept Stage: I have an idea that I'd like to move forward.
Startup Stage: I am in the beginning stages of starting my venture and am trying different things, but I've still got some work to do to make sure the model is sustainable.
Business Stage: My venture is operating, and I am trying to build on that.
6. Which of the following best describe how you plan on working within your venture?
It will be my full-time job. (Full time = 35 hours or more per week)
It will be my part-time job. (Part-time = Less than 35 hours per week)
It will be my "side-gig" to add extra income.
It will be my passion project and my primary goal is not to make money for it.
I don't know yet.
To get the most out of CO.STARTERS, you will need to participate in all nine, three-hour sessions, engage regularly with the CO.STARTERS materials, share insights and connections with your peers, and complete targeted "fieldwork" activities weekly between group sessions. You will need to be dedicated during the program and give an adequate amount of time to it.
Are you ready to commit your time and attention to make significant progress for your venture through CO.STARTERS?
7. There is a $300 fee for participating in this program. Please choose the selection that best applies to you.
I am able to pay now and secure my seat in the cohort.
I would like information about available scholarships (based on family income).
8. Which of the following session times would work best for you? (Select all that apply.)
CO.STARTERS is a venture too! As such, we have to follow our own advice (which you'll hear in Week 5!) and ask you to enter into a little business agreement with us. The statements below were crafted by keen legal minds... and read that way. If you have any questions about the dense legalese, please let us know.
1. I understand that neither IncubatorWorks nor CO.STARTERS guarantees that I will be successful in my venture. Furthermore, the benefits gained from participating in CO.STARTERS are a result of time, energy, and dedication to the program, and thus are not based solely on the completion of the coursework. I further understand and authorize CO.STARTERS to provide applicable information to the assigned management counselor(s). I understand that any information released is to be held in strict confidence by him/her. No person will be excluded from participation in or otherwise subjected to discrimination in regard to services, programs, and employment provided by IncubatorWorks and CO.STARTERS based on race, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law or ordinance.
2. I understand that the facilitators of IncubatorWorks and CO.STARTERS rely upon the active participation and assistance of local volunteers in order to effectively operate the program. These volunteers include, but are not limited to, mentors and speakers. I further understand that CO.STARTERS is most effective when participants are willing to freely share experiences and advice with one another during the course of the program. In order to encourage these vital contributions, as well as those of program staff and facilitators, I hereby release, discharge, and hold harmless IncubatorWorks, CO.STARTERS, program staff, facilitators, volunteers, and fellow participants from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action that I may hereafter have based upon the advice provided during the program and I understand that I am entirely responsible for the results of the decisions I make involving my venture during and as the result of my participation in CO.STARTERS.
3. I do hereby give permission to IncubatorWorks and CO.STARTERS, its agents, and others working under its authority, full and free use of video/photographs containing my image/likeness. I understand these images may be used for promotional, news, research, and/or educational purposes. I hereby release, discharge, and hold harmless CO.STARTERS and its agents from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action that I may hereafter have by reason of anything contained in the photographs or video. I do further certify that I am either of legal age, or possess full legal capacity to execute the foregoing authorization and release.
What do you expect to gain from participation in Co.Starters?
Should be Empty:
Now create your own JotForm - It's free!
Create your own JotForm