GUIDELINES AND RULES
1. The Calypso Monarch will take place on Saturday 21st September 2019 in the PANZfest Calypso Night.
2. An artiste / contestant can enter a maximum of one (1) song into the competition.
3. An Artiste / Contestant can enter “The Calypso Monarch” as a solo act, duet or a group.
4. All entrants must be a member of a registered band or a registered individual (links above).
5. Entries close on 31st May 2019.
6. Calypso songs must be an original composition.
7. Calypso songs must include a minimum of three (3) verses, and the total song length must not be more than five (5) minutes long.
8. If requiring the services of the House Band, Music scores with lyrics, along with an mp3 recording, must be submitted with your entry. These scores will be handed to, interpreted and performed by the House Band. Digital copies are preferred for easy distribution.
9. The House Band will be provided by PANZ Inc.
10. Rehearsal times with the House Band will be arranged with you before the performance.
11. Only registered media (songs) will be adjudicated.
12. A panel of adjudicators will judge the contestants on the night of the performances.
13. The Criteria by which songs will be judged are:
Lyrics = a maximum of 25 points
Melody = a maximum of 25 points
Arrangement = a maximum of 20 points
Performance = a maximum of 20 points
Crowd Response = a maximum of 10 points
Total = a maximum of 100 Points