The purpose of this document is to provide
guidelines for the identification of Hazards
and Risks in the workplace in line with
Hazard: A hazard is a source of potential
harm or a situation with the potential to
Risk: A chance that an event will occur
which will result in personal injury or
loss to the Council.
1. Use this checklist to inspect for hazards at the Swimming Pool monthly.
2. WHSRs and the pool supervisor are to inspect for hazards as per the “Hazard Inspection Matrix”.
3. For any ‘N’ ticked, conduct a risk assessment using the ‘Risk Assessment Calculator’ and write down the risk level on the checklist. (Any code identified, as an E or H risk must be immediately reported to the Manager and WHSO so a formal, documented risk assessment may be conducted).
4. Add up all the boxes ticked “NO” and the number of each different risk level and indicate in the table at the end of the checklist.
5. When completed, transfer all hazards recorded immediately to the ‘Rectification Action Plan’ (RAP).
6. Forward the checklist and RAP to the Supervisor and then the Manager for further action (if required) and sign-off.
Note: When recommending control/corrective actions, always consider both short term and long-term control options.
7. Forward the checklist and RAP to the WHSO for further action and sign-off.
8. The WHSO is to table the RAP at the Safety Committee meeting.
9. The Safety Committee is to discuss the control/corrective actions (if necessary) and monitor if the RAP has been effectively actioned, verified and signed off.
NOTE: All questions should be answered by marking the appropriate column. (Y) = Yes (N) = No (NA) = Not Applicable