return to the Lennox Lions website
Terms & Conditions, 2020 Lens on Lennox Photography Competition.
1. The competition is run by the Lennox Head Lions Inc. [INC987860] (the “Club”).
2. The photograph must identifiably be of Lennox Head or its immediate surrounds.
3. The competition (open to non-professional photographers only) will be in 2 Divisions, Open and Junior (12 years & under). Separate prizes will be offered in each Division.
4. IMPORTANT: Where an entry includes an identifiable image of any person the entrant must have received, and must provide on request, the consent of that person to being included in the photograph, and to the use of the photograph as detailed in the Terms.
5. Entries can only be submitted electronically with a fully completed entry form accessible on the website here. Entries must be accompanied by the entry fee and comply with all requirements specified on the entry form.
6. To ensure the photographer cannot be identified during the judging, names or other identifying information should not be included on the photograph itself but only on the accompanying entry form.
7.The entry fee is $10 per photo Open and $5 per photo Junior. There is no limit on the number of photos that may be entered.
8. The Club reserves the right to reject any entry that is considered inappropriate or as not complying with these or the entry form terms.
9. Entries open on 15th February 2020 and close at midnight on 15th May 2020 Entries will not be accepted after the closing date.
10. The prizes for the winning entries are: Open $400 & Junior $100.
11. In addition, 13 of the entries will be chosen to be included in a 2021 calendar to be prepared and sold by the Club. Each photograph in the calendar will include an attribution of the photographer.
12. There are no restrictions on the quality or format of photos that will be eligible for the prizes. However, for production reasons, to be eligible for inclusion in the calendar, entries must be in landscape (not portrait) format; and of sufficiently high definition to be reproduced on the calendar.
13. The competition (including the photos to be included in the calendar) will be judged by a panel of judges appointed by the Club.
14. The winning entries and those entries chosen to be included in the calendar will be announced at the Love Lennox Festival on 13th June 2020.
15. Each photograph must be the work of the entrant and must have been taken in the 12 months before the closing date,15 May 2020.
16. Entrants retain the copyright in each entry submitted but consent to each photograph being used without payment in the calendar, in any exhibition of the entries (including on any Lions webpage or any other Lions electronic or paper publication) or any future promotion of the Lens on Lennox Photo Competition.
17. All profits from the Competition and from any calendar will be paid into the Club’s Charity Account to be used for local and national charitable purposes determined by the Club.
18. All decisions of the Club and its judges, including whether any photograph or photographer meets the entry criteria, will be final.