Millennium Dance Co. Contract for Activities
“Activities” means any use of the Facilities in any way whatsoever.
“Facility, Facilities” means all equipment used while participating in the Activities
“I” means personally or by his/her parent or guardian
“MDC” means Millennium Dance Co. their officers, teachers, assistants and committee members.
1. To the fullest extent permitted by law, MDC disclaim all liability for any injury, loss or damage that you/your child may suffer while participating in the Activities including, but not limited to personal injury and loss of or damage to your/your child’s personal property. I release MDC from liability for, and indemnify them against, all claims and costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis), suffered or incurred by me or caused by my act or omission arising out of, or in connection with, my participation in the Activities including, but not limited to:
1.1 claims for personal injury sustained by me/my child while participating in the Activities.
1.2 claims for personal injury to, or death of, others (including claims for compensation by their estate, dependants, heirs and successors) as a result of my/my child’s act or omission while participating in the Activities.
1.3 claims for compensation my estate, dependants, heirs and successors may have in the event of my/my child’s death during the Activities.
1.4 loss or damage to, or theft of, any property owned by me/my child, or in me/my child’s possession, during the Activities.
1.5 loss or damage to the Facilities and any property of the owner and/or operator of the Facilities
1.6 loss or damage to the property of other participants, observers and any other person while participating in the Activities.
1.7 loss or damage arising from my/my child’s failure to obey instructions from MDC during the Activities.
1.8 loss or damage arising from any pre-existing medical or psychological condition: and
1.9 loss or damage arising from any negligent act or omission of MDC during the Activities.
2. I acknowledge that there may be dangers to my or my child’s personal safety while participating in the Activities and that the Activities may include:
2.2 Physical exertion
2.3 The use of equipment which if used incorrectly, may fail to perform its designed purpose
2.4 Excessive stretching.
3. I accept all the inherent risks of the proposed Activities
3.1 I warrant that I have supplied to MDC all relevant information regarding my health/my childs health and any medical conditions that I/my child have to enable MDC to involve me/my child in these Activities.
3.2 I have supplied written permission for the instructor to seek medical assistance that they deem necessary in the event of an accident while I/my child is participating in the Activities, and I agree to pay all medical and other costs incurred in relation to that medical assistance.
4 In entering into this contract, I acknowledge that I have not relied on any oral, written or visual representations or statements by MDC or any other inducement or coercion to participate in the Activities, and do so of my own free will.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information you provide to advise about and assist with your activities. We do not trade, rent or sell your information.
6 Photographic Policy:
I give permission for any photographic material taken at competitions or club activities by officials to be used for advertising purposes or newsletters this year and in future years.
7 Our Fee Policy:
7.1 I agree that all fees are to be paid on a block basis in advance, all fees are on a yearly basis broken into 3 or 4 payments. On registration yearly fees (broken into 3 or 4 payments) are payable to attend the 4th block, unless permission has been granted under special circumstances.
7.2 I agree if I start the term I am responsible to pay for the whole term NO FEES will be refunded.
7.2 I understand MDC will email all members at the beginning of each term with the amount owing for the term block.
7.3 I understand that if the block fee account is not paid by the due date, I will be unable to attend further classes; if all 4 blocks are not paid I will not be allowed to attend block 4 classes or National classes until my full account has been paid
7.3.1 I will be unable to compete in further inter-club, champion girl or team competitions
7.3.2 I understand that a $25 administration fee will apply for late payments
7.4 Annual Registration 5 years – Adults classes – I agree to be a registered member to the Australian Physie & Dance Association when due. This cost must be paid no matter what time of year you start and is non refundable. Registration also includes one DVD and one music CD per family upon payment of term fees only.
7.5 I agree fees are based on a yearly amount and broken into 3-4 terms, if you are a member you are responsible for the yearly fees to continue as a member of MDC. To continue to attend classes all block fees must be paid for even if classes have not been attended, written notice of cancellation of registration must be received to cancel the block fee payment.
8 Dress Policy for class:
I agree that I will follow the dress code of MDC which is our club class uniform and APDA competition leotard for performances. Refer www.millenniumdanceco.com > Class Information > Class Uniform.
I understand that the class uniform must be purchased within 2 weeks of commencement of activities and I understand that by not wearing the correct attire, my daughter will not be allowed to participate in class until this is corrected. No refunds will be provided on block fees.
9 APDA Governing Policies
MDC its members, parents, supporters and spectators are bound by the following Australian Physie and Dance Association Pty Ltd policies, these can be found on the APDA website that may change from time to time:
APDA Code of Behaviour Policy
APDA Member Protection Policy
APDA Social Media Policy.
Failure to comply with these policies may result in serious disciplinary action depending on the seriousness of the breach, including but not limited to:
a) Verbal and/or written apology
b) Withdrawal of any awards, placing, records or achievements bestowed in any competition activities or events held by APDA
c) Suspension or termination of membership, participation or engagement in a role or Activity
d) A fine or
e) Any other form of discipline that APDA considers reasonable and appropriate.
MDC WILL TAKE ALL CLAIMS OF HARASSMENT, BULLYING AND CYBER BULLYING SERIOUSLY. Complaints are to be emailed immediately to email@example.com and will follow a formal and fair process in line with the APDA governing policies noted in the section.
APDA will take disciplinary action against anyone found to have breached the APDA Social Media Policy or made false and malicious allegations.
MDC is responsible for operating in accordance with APDA policies, Teachers will be fair, honest and:
1. Help and encourage members to reach their individual potential
2. Respect that talent, development stage and goals of each member varies
3. Attend competitions to support members.
In the spirit of maintaining a harmonious club:
1. We will not tolerate abusive, bullying, threatening or inappropriate behaviour by members, their families of friends
2. We may refuse member registration based on past behavioural issues and
3. We reserve the right to cancel membership should a member, parent, supporter or spectator does not comply with the appropriate APDA governing policies.
Members, including parents, supporters and spectators are responsible for:
1. Comply with the standards of behaviour set out in the APDA governing policies in section 9
Treat others with respect, lead by example
2. Always place the safety and welfare of all children above other considerations
3. Be responsible and accountable for your behaviour
4. Follow the agreed procedure if you wish to make a complaint, report a concern or more serious inappropriate behaviour.
5. Support the syllabus and decisions implemented by teachers, including student differences pertaining to skill level, comply with class time and expectations set out by the teachers
6. Encourage children to participate and have fun, set realistic goals based on individual ability and experience.
7. Focus on the members effort and performance rather than winning or losing
8. Respect the performances and efforts of all people
9. Respect that judges decision is final.
I will not:
• Act inappropriately or use abuse and violence in any form.
• Bully or gossip about the teachers or other members.
• Chew gum in class or use my mobile phone during the lesson unless it’s an emergency.
• Ridicule or yell at a child for making a mistake or losing a competition.
• Accept additional teaching or privately practice with people (members or non-members) without prior consent by MDC.
• Attend other APDA clubs while registered with MDC or teach non-members MDC syllabus.
• Perform MDC syllabus without prior consent from the teachers.
• Show disrespect at judges competition decisions – this includes negativity, excessive, obvious inappropriate disappointment with judges results.