Scenario: You are partof a team of 6 that is travelling across the Kimberley’s. There are 6 key roles that need to be fulfilled within the team for it to be a success; which area of responsibility would you put your hand up to lead on and why:
1. Transport maintenance-ensure that the mechanics of the transport vehicles are running smoothly, that the car has enough petrol and water to get to your next location, you have the right cords and leads on hand and the ability to fix small malfunctions
2. Packhorse- For part ofthe journey you are required to hike overland. Without access to vehicles you are required to carry belongings on your back. Not all team members have the same amount of strength and physical fitness, you are required to carry the bulk of the teams weighty essentials such as a tent, cooking utensils and food
3. Motivator- This challengeis a marathon not a sprint, and you are the person we look to be keep spirits high. You are approachable and friendly and look for the positive even on a long tiring day. You are up for dishing out high fives, doing a silly dance and keeping moral up
4. Injector- Like the motivatoryou are a positive person. Friendly, people feel comfortable approaching you and asking questions, normally which you have the answers to. You add anelement of fun to the team and are looking for ways to get everyone involved in the excitement of the day
5. Map Reader- you like process and following the rules. Once you have the instructions you are comfortable distributing them and ensuring that the plan is carried out. You might not have the best physical fitness but from your central position you can lead the team via radio to their desired destination.
6. Plugger- The plugger fills gaps wherever needed. The transport has sprung a leak? They cover the hole while maintenance fixes the issue. Packhorse cannot carry all the food, you add extra to your bag. The team needs a pick up, you tell a funny story.Out in front there is a fork in the road, you radio to the map reader to find out the best route ahead. You are the helper that everyone needs