Queensland Rugby Union is pleased to accept applications for the following:
Role: Head Coach- Queensland Women
Reporting to: Queensland Reds Pathways Coordinator
Team staff- Assistant coaches, team manager, S&C and Physio
QRU/Queensland Reds staff- Media
Rugby Australia staff- Wallaroos staff, Head of National XV's, High Performance, Media
Club coaches across Queensland
Local, State and National Media
Program partners, both state and national where applicable
FoxSports journalists and commentators
Appointment term: 2-year appointment commencing November 2018, concluding August 2020 (pending formal review at the conclusion of the first year)
The Head Coach of the Queensland Women will have 2 distinct areas of responsibility.
1. In charge of the delivery of the best Rugby Super W program in the country on behalf of Queensland Rugby Union
2. Assist in the coaching of the Queensland Wallaroos PONI group in preparation for the test series against the New Zealand Black Ferns.
Program commences November 2018 with selection process and Pre-Season training sessions.
Super W Competition to run March/April 2019
Wallaroos PONI group selected at the conclusion of 2019 Super W
Wallaroos 2x test match series vs NZ to take place August 2019.
. Liaise with Assistant coaches in compiling key coaching areas of responsibility
. Design season plan and work with assistant coaches, S&C coach and team manager in completing session plans and outlines
. Develop key playing styles and systems of play for the various Units within Rugby
. Delivery of quality on field coaching covering across all components of individual, team and Unit skills
. Preview of all opposition – team play and unit and individual players as per above coaching components
. On behalf of Wallaroos team staff ensure that National skill principles are delivered to players
. Set a strong base of standards early on in the program and ensure that these standards are maintained to uphold a successful culture within the team
. Lead the player review process at the conclusion of the Super W program as well as for team staff
. Lead effective staff communication systems throughout program
· Coordinate and deliver effective player communication schedules including consistent individual player feedback and player welfare review and interventions
· Maintain records for all player reviews
· Engage and support the player leadership group
· Provide relevant player information and opinions to other higher level program coaches as required
· Current Smart Rugby accreditation
. Minimum World Rugby Level 2 Coach accreditation
· Ability to attend ALL Selection Events, Training Sessions, Meetings and Super W fixtures
Previous Experience in either of the following areas;
. With an Australian/Queensland/Regional Rugby Union Representative Team
. With a Queensland Rugby or Australian Rugby High Performance Program (e.g. Junior Gold, Queensland U16, NRC)
. School or Club Representative Teams
. Ambition to attain a higher level of accreditation in the future
· Strong history of service to Rugby Union
Please Note: It is preferable that team management do not have involvements with teams which include their sons/daughters or other direct relatives. Queensland Rugby however reserves the right to appoint a parent to a team management position if it deems there are no other suitable coaches to fill the position and is confident the person can perform his/her duties in an impartial manner.
Skills and Attributes Required:
· Ability to maintain a positive attitude
· Ability to provide a program that players will enjoy
· Ability to teach the game and motivate players
· Effective and respectful communication with players, parents and officials
· Organisational Skills
Queensland Rugby Union Objective
The aim of the application process is to ensure a quality experience for all involved with Queensland Rugby Union’s Representative Pathway Programs. It is important we select Team Management staff that provides the participants with a high quality environment and overall experience appropriate to their age, maturity, gender and skill level.
Queensland Rugby Union is committed to the development of both coaches and players to the highest standard possible.
1. Applications are available from the Queensland Rugby Union Website and distributed by Local Sub-Unions, Clubs and Schools- Friday 14th September.
2. Compete the online application form by COB Friday 5th October 2018
3. Acknowledgement of application provided to the applicant.
4. A Program selection committee made up of Queensland Rugby Union and Rugby Australia High Performance staff considers applications and compiles a shortlist of outstanding applicants who are invited to interview for the position.
5. Selection committee interviews successful shortlisted applicants on Monday 15th October 2018
6. Head Coach appointed Friday 19th October 2018