CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
By submitting an application for this award, the applicant:
- confirms that they are, or have been within the last 12 months, a tertiary research student (at Honours, Masters or PhD level), enrolled in a degree that requires submission of a research thesis.
- confirms they are/have been studying within the field of wildlife management in a University in the Australasian region (Australasia includes Australia, New Zealand, Papua/New Guinea and the neighbouring islands in the Pacific Ocean).
- confirms they have been a financial member of AWMS for at least three months (Honours students) or one year (Masters/ PhD students) at the time AWMS confers the thesis award. [Honours students can join AWMS at the time the application is submitted if they are not already a member.]
- confirms their thesis has been examined at the time of application and examiners’ reports received within the preceding 12 months from the closing date for award applications.
- agrees to give a presentation about their thesis research at this years AWMS conference.
The AWMS reserves the right not to award a grant (or grants) in any year if the entries are judged not to reach a minimum standard of quality of application, and/or benefit for the applicants’ professional development in wildlife management.