Propel is a training opportunity for up and coming playwrights, 16 – 26 years old, from across Western Sydney and beyond. WestWords and Q Theatre are offering up to 6 emerging playwrights the chance to develop a new short work under the mentorship of a team of professional theatre makers.
Propel will help you to:
• Meet like minded artists and collaborators
• Learn from industry professionals
• Hear your work read by performers
• #1: 1st August, 5.00pm – 8.00pm
• #2: 8th August, 5.00pm – 8.00pm
• #3: 15th August, 5.00pm – 8.00pm
• #4: 22nd August, 5.00pm – 8.00pm
• #5: 29th August, 5.00pm – 8.00pm
• #6: 5th September, 5.00pm – 8.00pm
• #7 11th September, 10am – 4.00pm Intensive with performers
• Short Work Readings: 12th September, 5.30pm – 7.30pm
All workshops and readings will be hosted at The Joan, 597 High St, Penrith.
To apply, please complete the application form below, and include:
• a bit of background on yourself as an artist (max 1 page). It would be good to tell us a little about what you write whether it be plays, poetry, stories, what you like or would like to write about and what you would like to get out of participating in the Propel playwriting project. Be sure to include your name, a contact number and email address.
• a short sample of something you’ve written (max 4 pages)
Applications must be received by end of day Friday 13 July 2018.
Applicants under the age of 18 require parent / guardian consent, provided at the and of the application.