1. Regular weekly attendance is compulsory to learn the concert routines and students must not be absent for more than 2 classes per term, in term 2, 3 and 4. Students may be removed from the performance team at any point throughout the year if they do not uphold the minimum commitment required.
2. Students will need a costume for each dance they are in and often they will be in two dances for each class taken. We may order, or purchase costumes already made or you may be required to source some items yourself. Costume costs are not included in your term fees. A deposit of $40 per class is required to be paid into a costume fund *please see 2018 Information Pack for details*
3. Students will require the correct tights and shoes for each genre of dance. These are listed in our dress code and will be detailed in your costume newsletter.
4. Students are required to attend the photo shoot day at the studio on Sunday 11th November, with full make-up, hair and costumes. There is no cost for this day.
5. Students in Act 1 will be required for a rehearsal on Sunday 18th November at Clapham Primary School. Running times to be advised.
6. Students in Act 2 will be required for a rehearsal on Sunday 25th November at Clapham Primary School. Running times to be advised.
7. Students must attend a full-dress rehearsal at Hopgood Theatre (Noarlunga) on Fri 30th Nov.
8. Students are required to perform in BOTH the matinee and evening show on Sat 1st Dec.
9. Students will need their hair and make-up done on the day of the concert. All of the information on how to do this will be supplied to you well in advance. We also have a concert information session at the studio with a tutorial on how to do hair and make-up. You will need your own hair and make-up equipment for hygiene reasons.
10. Family members, including parents, will need to purchase a ticket if they wish to watch the matinee and/or evening performance. This is optional. Tickets range in price from approximately $15.00 to $28.50.
11. Parents must volunteer officially and provide a current police check in order to supervise the students backstage at the concert. If you are not an approved, official VMS volunteer, you will be unable to stay in the dressing rooms with your child/ren.
If students withdraw from the concert in Term 3 or 4, it greatly affects the other students in the class. Therefore, we ask that you please be very mindful of this when making your decision and ensure that your child/ren understand it is a year-long commitment they are making, not to us, but the other members of their class.