The Performance Support Programme runs over 6 months from March 2018 to September 2018 and includes 3 sessions per week.
Total Cost: $50 per week per athlete =$1300
Athlete's contribution (50%) = $650 TECT contribution (50%) = $650
The Programme Includes
- Strength and Conditioning – Developing and delivering a sport-specific gym based programme (2 sessions per week with Strength and Conditioning coach)
- Sports specific speed and agility training with our in-house speed expert Kerry Hill (1 session per week)
- Sports science/physiological testing – Comprehensive, sport-specific fitness testing will be undertaken throughout the 6 month programme to monitor progress and ensure results.
- Invitation to high performance seminars on topics including physiology, specific requirements of female athletes, strength conditioning, recovery, sports psychology, nutrition and injury prevention
- Access to recovery pools, athletes lounge and kitchen for athletes
- Access to meeting room suitable for up to 60 people including TV screen and wifi for athletes and team management. (subject to availability and prior booking)
- Initial consultation with our in-house health and wellbeing specialist services provided by Body in Motion (physiotherapy, massage and podiatry) plus an ongoing discounts on any continuing treatment.
- Discounts on any of the sports science services offered by the University of Waikato including specialist biomechanics services, 3D motion sensor technology and access to performance enhancement training within the environmental chamber. The chamber provides a controlled e nvironment for heat, humidity and altitude which is beneficial both for acclimation and performance enhancement.