To qualify for home repair assistance from the Hinton Rural Life Center…
· The person should own (not rent) the home / property.
· It has to be a safe working environment for our groups.
· There must be financial need (or extenuating circumstances).
· Deadline for consideration: April 15, 2018
All applications are considered. Please note the following:
· Our construction coordinator selects appropriate worksites based upon specific criteria, and the skills and preferences of the registered volunteer groups.
· The Hinton Center does a variety of repairs, but no roofing.
· Our volunteer groups are not professionals.
· The Hinton Center generally makes repairs in an area of a one-hour drive time radius of Hayesville, North Carolina, within Clay and Cherokee counties (NC) and Towns (GA).
I agree to and understand the following when applying for and receiving help from the Hinton Center:
1. I understand that submitting an application does not guarantee that my home will be repaired.
2. I understand that everything requested on my application may not be done to my home.
3. I agree to have someone present at my home while the work is being done, unless prior arrangements have been made with Hinton Center staff.
4. I understand that sometimes a Hinton Center group may start a project but because of uncontrollable circumstances may not be able to finish. I also understand that Hinton Center will try to have agreed upon work finished if at all possible.
5. I understand and agree that restroom facilities will be made available by me in my home for the work group members while they’re on-site, unless other arrangements have been made with Hinton Center staff.
6. I understand that any used project materials are the property of the Hinton Center and will not be left at my house, except for some paints and stains.
7. I understand that pictures may be taken at my home by the Hinton Center / work teams and may be used to promote the mission of Hinton Center.
8. I understand that if contact information (including my phone number changes), I’m responsible for informing Hinton Center staff. Call Tammy at 828-389-8336 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.