Be completely honest in your application.
You might think that some of the questions here are pretty advanced, but remember we back startup entrepreneurs, so we don't expect you to have everything figured out just yet. We expect that if you become a ygap entrepreneur that your venture will grow rapidly and this application helps us track that better.
Also remember if your application is successful, you will be training alongside some exceptional entrepreneurs. If you put forward an honest and authentic application and are selected, you will do great. If you haven't, you may quickly find yourself out of your depth!
We recommend preparing your answers in a seperate document and then pasting them into this application form so you don't lose your work if your computer crashes or the power goes out!
The ygap Accelerator Program is a powerful opportunity for passionate impact entrepreneurs in Bangladesh who are at the early stages of building businesses and organisations that exist to change the lives of Bangladeshi's. If you are successful in your application you:
- ATTEND THE YGAP ACCELERATOR – An intensive five day live-in workshop in Dhaka where you join a small group of ygap entrepreneurs and access world class entrepreneurship training designed to help you focus your business and accelerate the growth of your venture.
- ACCESS THE YGAP SUPPORT NETWORK – Beyond the accelerator you receive ongoing training and support from ygap and we connect you to experts and professionals who can help you as you launch and grow your business. Specifically, we provide you with 6 months of access to graphic designers, website creators, business coaches, mentors, research assistants, lawyers and accountants (all super helpful for your venture). Your venture also has the opportunity to continually apply for small grants (up to BDT 60,000) to help you overcome barriers and test ideas to grow the impact or sustainability of your venture.
- ACCESS GROWTH SUPPORT & CONNECTIONS – The best ygap entrepreneurs move into growth, where we provide larger amounts of support to help you grow a model that have proven in the startup phase. At this level you can access larger rounds of funding, of over $10,000 Australian dollars (typically $25,000), are connected directly to our investor partners and our team work closely with you to strategise specific approaches that will help you dramatically increase your impact and sustainability.
We are looking for Bangladeshi startups who:
- Have already launched an enterprise that is making a difference in the lives of Bangladeshi's (by improving education, health, homes or creating good jobs).
- Want to scale their enterprise to impact many more people.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 6th April 2019
The application must be completed by the applicant themselves. While you may ask for guidance and support from others, the form must reflect your ideas and your passion, expressed in your own words. We may conduct a phone interview with you if you are shortlisted.