Before completing this application please read the terms and conditions in the INFOPACK. At the completion of this application you will need to pay an application fee of $35.00 before submitting.
Conditions of Entry:
1. For the purpose of The Artentwine Small Sculpture Prize, sculpture is defined as a freestanding, non-site specific, three-dimensional object. Only freestanding works will be accepted for selection.
2. Entries should not exceed 90cm in any dimension, and must have a stable base. The overall weight and dimensions must allow for easy transportation, and not exceed the carrying capacity of two average persons.
3. All entrants should be aware that all work submitted must be sufficiently robust to withstand display in semi-undercover or outdoor environments for the duration of the exhibition period.
4. All entries must be the original work of the submitting artist and have been created with 12 months prior to the exhibition.
5. There is no limit to the amount of entries an artist can submit. A separate application form and entry fee must accompany each entry. Only one work per artist will be selected as a finalist.
1. There will be two rounds of judging.
2. The first round of pre-selection is made from the digital images provided in your application
3. Finalists works will be exhibited at one of five family wineries in the Tasmanian West Tamar municipality: Goaty Hill Wine, Holm Oak Vineyards, Iron Pot Bay Vineyard, Moores Hill Estate, Tamar Ridge Cellar Door.
4. The Artentwine exhibition curator will make the final decision as to the vineyard location of individual works selected for exhibition.
5. The judges will decide the winner of the $5,000 Bell Bay Aluminium Small Sculpture Prize 2018 from the selected works at the five exhibition sites.
6. The second round winner of the major West Tamar Council Public Art Commission Prize will be required to upscale their work for permanent public outdoor display within the West Tamar municipality to the value of $20,000. The placement and scale of the work will be done in consultation with the artist and the Artentwine curatorial team. The winner in consultation with the curatorial team must provide a detailed maintenance brief for their work after installation.
7. The West Tamar Council Mayoral Award of $1,000 will be selected by the Mayor, Christina Holmdahl.
8. The Petuna Seafoods People's Choice award will be announced at the conclusion of the 2018 Artentwine exhibition.
Exhibition criteria and process:
1. Works selected for the exhibition must be delivered on 3, 4, or 5 September 2018. All works must be available for the full exhibition period from 29 September to 30 November.
2. Collection of works are December 3rd, 4th and 5th 2018.
3. Artists selected for exhibition are responsible for the transport of their work to and from the designated delivery location. This includes freight, insurance and packaging costs in both directions. Where applicable artists selected for exhibition may provide a maintenance brief for their work for the duration of the exhibition.
4. Artists selected for exhibition must provide an artist statement (max 150 words) and two quality digital images of their work against a white background for marketing and print purposes. Plus a bio-image of the artist, workshop shot if possible. Images should be a minimum of 300 dpi. Artists must also provide a brief bio (150 words). All entries must be the original work of the submitting artist and have been created within 12 months prior to the exhibition.
5. All works exhibited in the Artentwine Small Sculpture Prize will be for sale. The West Tamar Arts Group will deduct a 30% commission from the sale of any works. The sale price listed on the entry form will remain as the final sale price on all promotional material if the work is selected for exhibition.
6. All care will be taken when handling works; however the West Tamar Arts Group will not be responsible for loss, theft, or damage.
7. Artists grant the West Tamar Council, the West Tamar Arts Group, Artentwine and its licensees the right to reproduce their work and biographical material by any means in any media (including social media) for archival, promotional and educational purposes. The artist and representing gallery (if applicable) will be properly acknowledged in such material where we have been notified of this detail.
8. Works that are not sold or collected by Friday 14 December, 2018 will become the property of the Artentwine unless arrangements have been negotiated and agreed in writing. After this date, the West Tamar Arts Group may use or dispose of the work as it determines.
9. I agree that all supporting materials in this application may be used by Artentwine and our agents for marketing, education and promotion purposes, including social media.
10. I agree that if my work contains plant materials, I will discuss this with the Curator and complete the Viticulture declaration found in the info pack.