Class Date: September 16, 2017
Class location will be in Shawnee, KS. The address will be provided in a separate email.
Time: 8:30am to 12:30pm
There will be no meals but snacks and refreshments will be provided.
Thank you for your interest in the Newborn Workshop! This course will be offered in Shawnee, KS, USA and is offered for beginning to mildly seasoned newborn photographers. If you have never touched a baby for a newborn session or just want to tighten up the things that you can't seem to figure out, this is for you. There will be a lot of discussion and information based on your specific questions.
This is a safe, shame free learning environment. We all started somewhere and have all learned different information from workshops, higher education, photographer friends or the internet. Any shaming is prohibited, as Sarah Ireland strongly believes in community over competition. We all love the same thing so please come with love in your heart for the four hours you are in this workshop.
Sarah Ireland has over 25 years of photography experience and collegiate level education in photography. She has over 90+ hours of exclusive newborn education and five years working experience with newborn babies. We will have fun, probably giggle a bit and learn how to be comfortable in this environment.
The goal of this course is to give you a better understanding of the items listed below. You will not be a 100% expert but you will have new tools to practice your craft with a mindful understanding of newborn photography. There will be a baby model.
Discussion topics for this workshop (time allowing):
• Safety with posing
• Props and gear: Necessary and unnecessary purchases
• When to do newborn portraits
• How to get that baby good and sleepy
• Pose timing, workflow set up and what poses may be done in each sleep level
• How to keep awake babies calm and still for portraits
• Natural and Studio Lighting Overview
• Wrapping Techniques and Practice
• Simple poses you can get 100% of the time
• A prop pose
• An advanced pose (This will be based on the flexibility and sleep level of the model baby)
• Business and insurance necessities when handling infants and children of any age
Your Must Haves
• Full Frame or Crop Censor DSLR or Mirrorless Camera (You will get to shoot!)
• Portrait lenses - May be prime or zoom.
• Basic knowledge of manual exposure (If you really want to be in this class, a manual exposure class may be offered a few weeks earlier if enough interest is generated)
• Notebook and pen.
• LAYERED CLOTHING - Please have a really cool layer to wear. Shorts, tank top, yoga pants, whatever you are comfortable wearing. It will be hotter than normal in the room. Sarah Ireland is not skinny and will most likely end up in a tank top. You've been warned :)