Non-Executive Directors should be nominated on the basis of appropriate qualifications, experience and skills in one or more of the following:
· Honorary Treasurer· Government Relations and Corporate Affairs· Corporate Governance and Strategy
The Treasurer is responsible for the management of the finances and accounts of the Corporation under the direction of the Board and reports on such matters to the Board as it requires.
Skills and Qualifications for Treasurer:
· Current CA or CPA qualification· Executive management experience at a NFP with revenue $10M+· Prior Director experience in commercial and/ or NFP organisations with revenue $10M+
Government Relations and Corporate Affairs
· Executive management experience in the development of strategic relationships with state and/or Federal government· Advocacy and public policy experience in corporate or NFP organisations
Corporate Governance and Strategy
· Executive management experience in the development corporate governance programs and strategic planning· Qualifications in Corporate Governance or Business
Please provide a brief statement in response to the following:
A member on the Scouts NSW Board of Directors has a duty to:
· Act independently and in the best interests of Scouts NSW
· Avoid gaining any personal advantage by improper use of the role
· Avoid the misuse of information to which access has been given by virtue of the role
· Protect confidentiality of sensitive information.
I wish to advise:
I consent to be a Non-Executive Director of Scouts NSW and accept the roles and responsibilities of a Board Member should I be elected.
I understand that before my nomination can be treated as a valid nomination, the General Manager is required to procure a Background Check of me.
I understand that I will be required to provide a current, valid Working with Children Check.
I authorise Scouts NSW to undertake Criminal Record Checks on a random and ongoing basis for purpose of disclosure of any conviction that may be recorded against me by a Court of Law or, for the furnishing of details concerning any matter that may be before such a Court but not yet finalised.