State Team Code of Conduct
As a member of the GWA State Team, I agree to abide by the Code of Conduct listed below at all times while I am under the control of the Head of Delegation and acknowledge that any breach of this code may result in disciplinary actions as outlined below:
1. Represent Western Australia in a manner which is befitting of a State Team member, to bring honour and respect to the state.
2. Support and respect all members of the team, including officials and athletes.
3. Conduct myself in a manner which is conducive to best performance.
4. Disclose to a team official any injury that may adversely affect performance.
5. Wear correct State uniform as directed by team officials.
6. Follow all directions given to me by Team Officials or any other person given the authority to pass those directions onto me.
7. Attend all meetings promptly when required.
8. Be courteous and considerate to the needs of others at all times.
9. Conduct myself in a manner which does not result in actions that could become dangerous to myself or others.
Consequences for Breach of the Code of Conduct
The Head of Delegation or GWA Board, on behalf of GWA, reserve the right to discipline any person in breach of this code of conduct in any manner which they deem is appropriate and fair at the time, or at a future time that is agreed upon. This right is also extended to the WA State Team Officials responsible for the team in question. Breaches of the Code will be dealt with on an individual basis.
Breaches of the Code of Conduct may result in any of the folllowing consequences, depending on the severity of the breach:
1. Removal from competition.
2. Immediate removal from the team and therefore the right to wear State uniform.
3. A bond being placed on the individual for future trips and competitions involving the State team.
4. A ban from all or some GWA sanctioned events in the future.
5. Any other action / punishment deemed appropriate and fair by the official/s dealing with the case.