Applications open: March 20, 2017
Applications close: May 8, 2017
Filmmakers Notified: no later than June 9, 2017.
Residency held: Jan 10 – April 4, 2018.
Presentation with TWOM & Dawson International Short Film Festival: March 29 – April 1, 2018.
Cost to participate: $2000 CAD, includes:
- Accommodation (1 hotel room per person) at the Westminster Hotel, Dawson City for duration of the residency (Jan 10 - Apr 4). Shared kitchen, shared bathroom facilities.
- Inclusion into The Weight of Mountains programming (http://twom.is) and film-collective activities onsite
- Presentation of film work through collaborative efforts of The Weight of Mountains, the Klondike Institute of Art and Culture, and the Dawson International Short Film Festival.
Does not include:
- Travel costs
- Living Expenses
- Insurance (ensure you are covered by your own travel insurance)
- Equipment provision (ensure you bring what you need)
Expectations of Filmmakers:
- To present artist talk + collective local community screening + one workshop exchange for fellow TWOM filmmakers. Any additional workshops for the local Dawson community is negotiable and welcomed.
- To create a new film work of one's own focus and creative pursuit on location. This piece (or negotiable outcome) to be presented with TWOM and Dawson Film Festival, March 29 – April 1, 2018. May also afford additional opportunties depending on works direction and filmmakers goals for other festivals.
- The Weight of Mountains (TWOM) will sponsor 2 filmmaker placements for applicants with exceptional talent and situations that may prevent them from attending without a sponsorship. This only applies to the $2000CAD program and accommodation costs. Filmmakers will still need to seek ways to cover travel and living costs.
- TWOM can not provide cash grants for production, travel, or expenses.
- We encourage filmmakers to investigate grant opportunities or incomes before final selection notification of June 9 – if your grant deadline is close to this date feel free to contact email@example.com for queries or selection updates.