ENROLMENT & FEES: By signing this document, I understand that full term fees are due by the second week of each term (Thursday) and that a $20 late fee will be charged if paid after this. Fees are charged by the term, no matter how many classes the student attends as this holds the spot in class. I acknowledge that if I/ my child withdraws from classes during the year, I must notify the Meraki Circus director 7 days prior to the commencement of each term, otherwise payment will be expected as usual. I understand that if my account is not paid in full within 14 days of the due date, I/my child will not be allowed to participate in class until further arrangements have been made. Please note, a payment plan can be arranged in some circumstances and needs to be authorised by Meraki Circus Director, Rachel Butler. All payment plans will incur a weekly admin-processing fee. Invoices will be sent out prior to each term and payment can be made via direct debit, PayPal or cash.
CODE OF CONDUCT/ATTIRE: For Participants, Parents/Guardians and Visitors at Meraki Circus, please note the following for respect, safety of students and protection of equipment:
Meraki Circus respects the rights, dignity and worth of others regardless of gender and sexuality, physical or mental ability, cultural background or religion, and expects that participants and those observing classes follow this code of conduct. Disruptive, rude and inappropriate behaviour is not conducive to a positive learning environment and will not be tolerated; offending students will be asked to take time out from class.
We want our students to gain the most out of class, therefore a focused class setting, with correct attire is essential. You can help by adhering to the additional rules below:
- All parents and students are to wait outside if it is not your class, and students are expected to be warming up quietly. Parents and guardians to follow a 'drop and go' policy once the class has commenced. Please do not disturb the class by talking or entering the class space. This applies to students, parents and children not participating in the class. You may only enter the class space if invited. We make exceptions for the first class for younger children who are feeling they need extra support.
- No food, chewing gum or coloured drinks allowed in the teaching space or during class time.
- Please ensure you/your child brings a water bottle to every class. We cannot stress enough how important this is! With COVID there is no longer access to public water fountains.
- Stretchy comfortable clothes (leggings, track pants, shorts, leotard, t-shirt etc..) Strictly NO belts, buckles or zips for aerial classes. No shoes allowed on the mats. Leggings / long pants past the knee are essential for our aerial classes.
- Hair tied up and for circus based classes, jewellery and watches need to be removed, so we recommend leaving them at home.
- Avoid lotions, sunscreens and fragrances as this can damage the aerial fabric.
- Do not attend/bring your child/ren to class if they have any symptoms of COVID, signs of infectious disease, or any injury or medical condition that might put them or others at risk of illness or injury. *PLEASE NOTE: Unlike schools, Meraki Circus cannot accept children in class with head lice and other contagious infections such as ringworm and school sores, as lice can infest mats, equipment and flooring and infections spread rapidly as children are working closely together physically. If you child has the above or similar, please notify a Meraki team member prior to class and keep your child home from class until they are clear of symptoms.
PHOTO/ VIDEO RELEASE: Meraki Circus includes photos and videos of students, teachers, and activities on its website and printed materials. I understand that these will be accessible to anyone with internet access. I give my permission for Meraki Circus to use photos or video of myself/child/children on its website, on Facebook, in printed materials, and in electronic forms of communication. I understand that if I do not want images of myself or my child to be used, I will indicate this in writing and the signed letter will be attached to this document.
SCHEDULED ACTIVITIES: Classes at Meraki Circus may include any of the following activities: gymnastics skills such as beam/bars/vault, acro-balance, handstands, tumbling, juggling, spinning plates, hula hoops, static trapeze, pyramids, unicycle, aerial silks, flower sticks, poi, stilt walking, contact staff, fire props, using live flame with fire props, slapstick, clowning and physical comedy, improvisation, dramatic performance, flexibility training, outdoor activities, exercise/training barefoot, strength building exercises, games, dance, and other physical activities.
*Acknowledgement that the intended activities that make up the Activity (as referred to under “Scheduled Activities” above) can be dangerous and may result in serious personal injury (including permanent disability) and/or death and/or property damage.
MEDICAL RELEASE/ASSUMPTION OF RISK: I give permission for Meraki Circus staff to seek appropriate medical attention in the event that I am/my child is injured. In the event of a serious injury or medical crisis, Meraki staff will call an ambulance to take the participant to hospital. Participants are responsible for any medical costs arising from participation in class activities.
I understand that I may consult a medical advisor if I have concerns regarding any pre-existing medical condition which may affect my/my child’s health and safety or that may be provoked by participation in the above activity.
I acknowledge, agree to, and voluntarily assume all risks (including, but not limited to, those identified in the section “Scheduled Activities”) of any harm, injury or damage that I may suffer to my person or my property whether foreseen or unforeseen in connection with the Activity.
I agree that we are voluntarily participating in activities and use of said facilities, premises (including the parking lot) and designated Meraki Circus venues. We assume all risk of injury, illness, damage, or loss to us or our personal property that might result, including, without limitation, any loss or theft of any personal property.
I agree to release and discharge you (and your affiliates, employees, assistants, volunteers, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns) from any and all claims to cause of action (known or unknown) arising out of your negligence.
I acknowledge that I have carefully read this Waiver and Release and fully understand that it is a release of liability. I am waiving any right that I may have to bring legal action to assert a claim against you for negligence.
DECLARATION: By electronically signing below, I confirm that I have read the document in its entirety. I understand the document, have had an opportunity to ask questions, and agree to be bound by its terms.