Please read the following volunteer policy:
· Training; I acknowledge my responsibility to participate in training to fulfil the role to the best of my ability.
· Safety; I acknowledge my responsibility to take care of myself and others to ensure no harm.
· Policy and Procedure; I agree to follow RDA policies and procedures and to follow the instructions of the person in charge.
· Confidentiality; I agree not to discuss Riders' names, diagnosis or behaviour with anyone outside of RDA or in a place where I may be overheard either during or at any time after my involvement with RDA.
· Personal Information; Under the New Zealand Privacy Act, I consent to RDA collecting and using personal information about me for the use of RDA. I understand that my information will be kept confidential, that it is available for my review and that it will be returned to me or destroyed when no longer relevant.
· Publicity; I agree that still or moving photographs and films of me, including television and video, may be used for publicity purposes by the RDA organisation as a whole, including NZRDA. Use of my name is to be agreed with me on a case by case basis.
· Voluntary work; I understand that this is not paid employment.
· Liability; I understand that the programme will be under careful supervision following NZRDA guidelines and Operational Certificate, but that no liability will be accepted by the RDA Group, NZRDA or any of the people involved or concerned.
· Suitability; I understand that Riders who come to RDA can be especially vulnerable to harm. I do not know of any reason why I would not be acceptable to RDA as a Volunteer working with Riders.
Performance; I understand the important nature of the role I am being asked to perform and that Volunteers who do not follow the values and procedures of RDA and/or fail to satisfactorily perform their voluntary role, may be asked to participate in a performance improvement process. Depending on the results of this engagement, as a last resort, dismissal may be the outcome.