As a Christian ministry serving in China, we believe
- The Divine inspiration and authority of the Bible.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- The Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- The death and resurrection of Jesus Christ for the atonement of our sins.
- The presence and power of the Holy Spirit and the return of our Lord Jesus Christ.
ESEC/TIP is a family made up of Christians with diverse backgrounds; i.e., we come from various "streams." For a group of believers to work and live together harmoniously for a period of time overseas, there are three key necessary understandings:
1. We will focus on our core beliefs and our unity as followers of Jesus Christ.
2. We will respect each other's differences regarding peripheral theological issues.
3. We will testify more through dedicated, skilled professional service, plus a Spirit whom we allow to shine through us, than by words. (Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matthew 5:16, KJV)