TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Credits and special offers are not transferable or redeemable for cash
2. The safety of your child during the session is ultimately your responsibility. While the photographer will use discretion with safety in mind when posing or suggesting locations or areas, NEVER agree to anything you do not feel comfortable with. True Art Photography is not responsibly or liable for accidents or injuries occurring during photo sessions. A photographic opportunity is NEVER worth possible injury to a child. If you are uncomfortable with anything suggested, please don't hesitate to let me know.
3. True Art Photography will choose the best quality images from your session, we will not proof every image that was taken due to malfunction such as eyes closed, etc. We reserve the right to discard these images.Processing is a part of what we do and we will not give out unprocessed images.
4. True Art Photography retains the copyright of all images (even those where digital files have been purchased) and reserves the right to use and reproduce them for the purpose of, but not limited to, advertising, website/blog, display, portfolio, or any publication to promote business free of compensation with this also included Model Release. Copying, scanning, saving or reproducing images without the written permission of the photographer is prohibited.
5. Photographer will not held reponsible for the client and it client's family/guests not cooperating during the photography session. While the photographer will attempt their best to produce the best possible photographs, they cannot be held accountable for another's behavior.
6. You will have two weeks to view your online gallery. Please be prepared to place your order during that time frame. We will gladly re-host the online gallery for an additional fee of $15 for 7 days. Feel free to contact me with any questions,issues, or concerns about the ordering process or to inquire about prints and other items.
7. Delivery and shipping charges are not included in your package fee.
8. YOUR IMAGE will be cropped and colour how I believe they will print the best. Some images (particularly those shot in low light) may have visible film grain when enlarged too much. This is normal, but may not be aesthetic. In addition, if you crop an image in too tightly, you will lose resolution and may cause it to be pixelated when enlarged. To ensure the best print quality, try to avoid altering your images before printing. I am not responsible for printing errors or for quality of prints or products not printed directly by me. Printing colour result may slightly different from image viewing in your computer, depending of your computer screen settings and quality of the printer.
9. Portrait Care: Handle your portraits with extreme care. Damage incurred as a result of improper handling, framing or hanging is the responsibility of the client.
10. If the Photographer is unable to perform to the guidelines of this contract due to a fire or other casualty, act of God, act of terrorism, or other cause beyond control of the parties, or due to a grave illness of the Photographer, then all fees paid by the client will be returned in full. True Art Photography will not be liable for costs in excess of the amount the client has paid. This limitation of liability will also apply in the event that negatives or digital images are lost through camera malfunction, stolen, damaged in processing, lost in the mail or otherwise damaged or lost without fault of True Art Photography.
11. Thank you and we hope you enjoy your photography experience with us.