1. The exhibition is open to all artists.
2. FEE: A non-refundable entry fee of $10 (members) or $20 (non-members) per work must accompany the entry form.
3. No entries or alterations to entries will be accepted after the catalogue has been compiled.
4. Works are to be delivered and collected from the Studio, 139a Station Street, Blackheath. If works cannot be delivered/collected by hand, they must be transported by courier at the artist’s expense.
a. Delivery of works: 9.00am–1.00pm Thursday 10th June
b. Collection of works: 4–5pm Monday 14th June or 10am–12noon Tuesday 15th June
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Each entry must
a. be for sale and at a price no less than $200
b. be an original work by the entrant completed in the last 12 months
c. not have been shown in any previous Blackheath Art Society exhibition
d. not exceed size limit (see 5f), and
e. have the entrant’s name, the title and year the work was painted clearly marked on the back.
f. There is a limit of two (2) works per artist, not exceeding a TOTAL area of 1.3 sqm (including frame). Space for 3D works is limited and will be accepted at the discretion of the Exhibition Coordinator. Diptychs/triptychs must be connected together or each panel will be counted as an individual work.
6. FRAMING AND PRESENTATION:
a. works must be dry, ready to hang, with no projections
b. works must be strung using D-rings ONLY (we hang your work from the D-rings), no lower than one-third from the top of the work. Stringing should be coated wire or cord. Please tell your framer these specifications.
c. any artwork requiring repair or deemed unsuitable for hanging will be rejected.
d. for works under glass ensure mats and glass are clean and that backs have been taped to cover framing pins.
7. COMMISSION is 25% of the sale price.
8. GST: It is the personal responsibility of artists, other than hobbyists, to send the appropriate contribution to the Australian Tax Office if their work is sold.
9. CURATING: The Blackheath Art Society committee reserves the right to:
a. select the works to be shown, with such decisions being final
b. determine the way in which the selected works are hung
c. publish images of prize-winning works and artists for marketing purposes (appropriate artist credit will be given).
10. Works not selected for hanging are to be collected at normal collection time.
11. The judge’s decision is final.
12. INSURANCE: Exhibitors are responsible for their own insurance of works. Whilst every care will be taken, no responsibility is accepted for loss, theft or damage while in custody or transit, nor for works not collected by the nominated date on the entry form.
13. INDEMNITY: By signing this entry form you indemnify the Society and each of its managers against actions for breach of copyright and or actions for passing-off caused by works exhibited by you at any and all exhibitions of the Society.
14. Submission of the entry form signifies that you have read and accepted these conditions of entry.