Orientation Leaders play an integral role in welcoming new students to campus and supporting the College’s mission to help students "develop the understanding, commitment, and confidence to lead fully informed and actively engaged lives" (Mission & Vision, http://www.naz.edu/about-nazareth). Working collaboratively with professional staff, they help new students become part of the Nazareth College community by:
- Assisting with move-in and check-in;
- Communicating important information and connecting new students with campus resources;
- Assisting with the preparation of Orientation events;
- Encouraging involvement in co-curricular activities;
- Facilitating the development of peer relationships;
- Articulating the College’s expectations and standards.
In their role, Orientation Leaders are able to develop their own leadership skills while also providing guidance and support to new students as they acclimate themselves to campus.