* Select a book you have read which gave you strong feelings about a character or idea in the book. You may agree or disagree with the characters or ideas in the book.
* Write an essay explaining how a character or idea in the book affected you. Did you have something in common with the character? Did the story make you look at a situation or problem in a different way? Did you learn something new? How did the story change your worldview? Make the essay honest and personal. Remember…this is not a book report.
The contest is open to Messiah Church students Pre-K to 12th grade. Each submission will be judged on (as appropriate for each grade level):
* neat-legible written on one side of each page
* clear introduction, body, and conclusion
* ideas are clear and focused
* word choice
* grammar, punctuation, and spelling
* essay relates to student's ideas and experiences to the book
Entries should be within the word and sentence limits. Include the contest entry form.
* Each entrant may submit only one essay per contest.
* All entries are final. No revisions are accepted.
* The decisions of the judges are final.
* Plagiarized essays will be purged.
* REMEMBER, this is not a book report!