Terms and Conditions
1. "Veterinary Surgeon" shall mean Vetcare Grey Lynn Animal Hospital, and is not a veterinary specialist.
2. "Owner" shall mean the pets owner, or any duly authorised person that agrees herein to be liable for the debts of the Owner.
3. The estimated fees have been explained to me to my satisfaction and i understand and agree that all fees are payable when my pet is discharged from the clinic, i.e. that payment for the invoice shall be due the date of the invoice.
4. All of my questions relating to the procedure have been answered. The procedure together with possible risks and potential complications as well as the expected outcome has been explained to me and i consent to the procedure on a fully informed basis.
5. The Owner gives consent to the Veterinary Surgeon to hospitalise, treat, anaesthetise and/or perform surgery on the pet. The Owner further agrees to reimburse the Veterinary Surgeon for any additional costs in the event of the hospitalisation of the pet, and will contact the hospital directly for any queries relating to the pets treatment and progress.
6. The Owner acknowledges that some risks exist with any anaesthetic and/or surgery and understand that unexpected complications, outcomes or unforeseen circumstances may arise during or following the course of the pet's treatment, which may result in additional lifesaving surgical or medical intervention.
7. The Owner authorises any additional treatments and any emergency procedures deemed necessary in the execution of professional judgement and agree to pay for all costs related to this care. The Veterinary Surgeon shall, where possible, inform the Owner of any major changes to the pets treatment and/or emergency procedures required.
8. That if this procedure is considered non-routine, that i have declined referral to a veterinary specialist for this procedure.
9. If the Owner defaults in payment of any invoice when due, the Owner shall indemnify the Veterinary Surgeon for and against all costs and disbursements incurred by the Surgeon in pursuing the debt including legal costs on a solicitor and own client basis, and the Veterinary Surgeon's collection agency costs.
10. The Owner authorises the Veterinary Surgeon to collect, retain and use any information about the Owner, for the purpose of assesing credit worthiness.
11. The Owner authorises the Veterinary Surgeon to disclose any information obtained to any person for the purposes set out in clause 9.
I certify that the above information is true and correct. In accordance with the Privacy Act (1993) I authorise any person or company to give information as may be required in reponse to credit inquiries. I have read and understand the GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS of this contract (above) and have the authority to sign this consent. I understand, authorise and request that this
advised procedure is carried out.